Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hexagram 04 – Méng / Youthful Folly


04glyphlines Hexagram 04   Méng / Youthful Folly

The Image of Mountain Over Water

hex04 image Hexagram 04   Méng / Youthful Folly

After discovering my individuality I express myself like a bubbling spring.
I grow and learn in the exuberance of Youthful Folly.

Youth is the fool of innocence.
Life is my teacher, the plan of nature.
When I question the obvious I receive no answers.

My cocoon of youth in metamorphosis then
Explodes in transformation and new awareness.

Hexagram 4 - line 1

Six in the First Place

In order to move through the leaves of life,
I abandon my confining egg of protection
As I become serious and disciplined while learning.

Hexagram 4, nine in the second place

Nine in the Second Place

With the strength of youth and little knowledge
I am tolerant to what is hidden and undeveloped.
My true power unfolds into a larger and freer self
After I absorb and transform experience into character.

Hexagram Four - Six in the Third Place

Six in the Third Place

Traveling along the way I meet another whom I admire.
I am not tempted to lose myself by following a path that is not my own.

Hexagram 4 - Six in the Fourth Place

Six in the Fourth Place

I am caught in the web of my imagination which entangles and prevents movement.
It is humiliating foolishness to be so trapped when life forces me to struggle alone.

Hexagram Four - Six in the Fifth Place

Six in the Fifth Place

I see the mistakes I made in ignorance and seek help
So that I can fly in my own direction.

Hexagram Four - Nine in the Last Place

Nine in the Last Place

It is better to avoid temptations that bring punishment and pain.


Read More: http://www.ichingmeditations.com/i-ching-hexagrams/hexagram-4-youthful-folly/

No comments:

Post a Comment